Information collected by this website is submitted by yourself upon registration as a user.
Personal data we store for runner listings includes:
- your name, gender, email, town, area, postcode, country
- where applicable, your dob, running club, profile picture
- information about your training, running history, other online running communities
Personal data we store for club listings includes:
- the name, address, phone number, email of your club contact or secretary
This information allows us to:
- identify you as a registered user of our website
- identify the area in which you live for the purposes of finding you a running partner in your area
- notify you of new running partners in your area, or of new messages from potential running partners (with your consent)
- provide club contact details to potential new members
You may completely remove your details from the site at any time from your account administration area. Runners listings are automatically deleted after 1 year of inactivity. Club listings remain until edited or deleted by the club admin.
Your personal information will not be shared with any other party unless required to do so by law.
Cookies are small packets of information saved to your computer when you browse a website. They communicate with the website to assist your experience on the site or provide data to site owners on your interactions with the site (known as analytics). These data packets can also store information such as which items you have added to a shopping cart, or to remember if you have logged into a site for example.
Type of cookie: This website uses 'session cookies'. These are temporary cookie files which are erased when you close your browser or log out.
Benefit: Log on once with your username and password, the session cookie stores this information for every page you visit.
Explanation: When you restart your browser and return to the website, it will not recognise you. You will have to log back in. A new session cookie will be generated, which will store your browsing information and will be active until you log out or close your browser.
Cookies stored by external vendors:
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and it's external serving vendors. Blocking session cookies will, however, render parts of the site unusable.